Thursday, November 18, 2010

Maybe we could try to get to know each other’s via letters...

Dear Jarvis Lougherne,

I don’t know how I should start a letter to a grandfather who I week ago didn’t know to have. You should know by now that there is match to DNA sample you had provided to Dal Family Reunions, so you should know that somewhere in here is a girl that very likely is your granddaughter.

My biological mother Adrianelle and father Caren … your son… met in captivity as human guinea pigs in test laboratories of some Amarr medical facility. According Amars your son was trouble. He was problem case since he kept fighting in any way he could, he didn’t accept his position, and he agitated others. That’s why he was there, that was a place where they sent troublemakers. According Adrianelle “Caren” was the only name he remembered from his past. In general he didn’t have many memories left from his childhood, but he had hazy image in his head about her mother and father… a curly, black haired woman who’s laugh was like a stream of water and who used to hug him warmly after he had hurt himself on some mischief and a big bold man who used to scold him after the mentioned mischief but then take him to watch space ships in any case.

To everyone’s surprise they fell in love and Adrianelle became pregnant. They wanted their child to born in freedom and that drove them to escape. They partly succeeded… mother got away but Caren died in the process. Mother escaped to Federation. She was badly sick and wasn’t sure what the medical tests had done to her and to her unborn child. She wasn’t sure would she live to see the birth of her child. She agreed with her best friend and her husband that they would adopt the child and be parents for it. She lived to see the child to born, a healthy child. She was terribly sick after it for months and no-one believed she would survive, but she did. But she felt it was better that the child… I… would be safer if no-one knew who her real parents were and it would be better for the child to have two healthy parents that are not in a risk to die anytime the virus in her system would decide to activate itself. So she became just my godmother.

I grew up without knowing anything of this. Then few years back through a complicated series of events I became to hear the main parts of the story. This year then I heard about these services that reunite ex-slaves to clans based on DNA matches and decided to try my luck and here we are.

I actually live in Republic but currently I am visiting Adrianelle in Federation. Her illness is in terminal phase so I try to spend as much as time as I can with her. But if you wish I could come to meet you when Adrianelle is on more stable phase. In a meantime maybe we could try to get to know each other’s via letters.

Best regards,
Carinelle Avriette

No comments:

Post a Comment