I have slowly started to believe into
possibility of spirits. On planet side it was so much more easier to
believe that every living thing in the nature has spirit. There, also
possibility of ancestors looking after us, seemed more likely.
Here in space that feels lot harder to
really believe. Everything here is man made, there really isn't
nature around us. If I miss something from the planet side, it is the
nature and the connection to it. I can't even start to describe
the feeling at night alone in the wilderness after inhaling smoke
from the sacred fire. I have never felt more alive. According to
Orthanach the blood of my ancestors is strong in me, apparently even
among them it is not usual to form that strong connection to the
surroundings. In there I can almost believe to ancestors, that they
stay with us, that they protect us. In the nature there is so strong
anonymous life around us, but also something friendly. Maybe that
friendly force is the ancestors. I kind of like the idea.
In space the closest connection to the
universe around me is when I am the ship, floating in the space. The
wide space around me is the closest thing to nature here, but it is
not the same thing. Space is so dead, there isn't anything growing
there. I can be same with it when I am the ship, but it doesn't fill
me with life and there isn't anything friendly around us. Here it is
very hard for me to believe into ancestors looking after us.
Orthanach encourages me to find
connection with my surroundings here. He says I am pilot, that I
belong to space so I should seek my connection with it. Space isn't
his domain so he can't guide me here. But he says that the blood of ancestors is strong in me, it will guide me to find my way if I keep
trying... so I keep trying.
No comments:
Post a Comment