Friday, June 11, 2010

The little questions matter...

How are you? Do you want company? I hadn’t told Ulf that I had lost Monster; he had seen it on the op and was worried for me afterward. I am not used to it, but it felt good… that someone cares…

I was feeling down. I did everything right at the op, I was close to shields and there should have had been time to get under the force field. But sensor lag made my systems to response so slow that even micro warp driving towards the tower didn’t help. I hadn’t given evacuation order early since we all thought we can make it. Because of that I lost lot of my crew. Most of the officers got to escape pod… but lot of the crew below didn’t. Monster and its crew had served me a long time and suddenly there is a hole in place where they should be. Weirdest thing is, this hurts even more than if I had done mistake or the enemy would have been just purely smarter… it just seems so futile loss.

… The thing that Ulf realized this and asked that little question and offered his company made me really realize other thing. Roc hasn’t asked for months how am I? He just hasn't been here at all...

...It matters that someone is there for you without you asking it. The little questions matter...

No comments:

Post a Comment