Space and water... both environments where people can't live without lifesupporting technology. In a way similar but still so different.
My scubadivung instructor says I am natural with the scubadiving equipments. Well it isn't that different from being in pod and breathing compressed air via tube. Of course you need to worry airpressure in ears and all, when in pod pressure around you stays same, but being able to relax when hooked into tubes comes pretty naturally to pod pilot and the amount of information you need to manage is lot less . There the similarity ends. Space is so huge and empty and dead, everything alive in space is artifically supported. Water is full of natural life; plants, crabs, fishes.
Even nature under the water can be amazingly beautiful and it is possible to feel weithless under the water, I keep missing the aditional sensors and all the constant information feeds... I miss being more than myself, miss the freedom. I really enjoy my time here; spending time with parents, water sports, colors here, even sun. But the longer I am out of space the more I miss my pod. I miss the feeling of being a ship.
Personal Diary 23.2.115
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment