Having drinks with Sonja last week reminded me how refreshing it was to be with someone, I don't have to be careful with my words. I have plenty of close friends and I love them all dearly, but it doesn't I mean I can talk freely to all of them.
Isobel is so tight about what is proper and judgmental. She hasn't liked most of the men I have dated with. I think Ulf passes her inspection, but she didn't even like Roc, who after all was respected CEO of Gradient, not to mention Simeon or Veren that had shadier pasts. Going to TLG is red cloth to her. She is my old time friend, but sometimes it just is easier to avoid some topics with her.
Anuko is dear little creature. She is the little sister I never had. But she is also the little sister to take care of. For her I need to be the strong one, I never can be the weak. I need to remember that she has issues with alcohol. If I would feel like spending a week crawling in pubs and drinking down my sorrows or just party really hard because I feel like it, it would be incredibly bad to drag her with me... I would get a terrible hang over after the week, but she might stay on that path. Oh she likes to put up a strong presence and protect me ...but she over does it. If Ulf would hurt me and made me sad or angry and I would complain about it to her, I bet she would go to yell Ulf in a next possible moment. She just isn't very good at being someone you can lean to occasionally.
Sonja is strong but same time laid off. She doesn't judge me. We may disagree on things and even argue loudly. When feeling weak I can lean to her without fear to drag her down. When feeling hurt and miserable I can freely open up without a fear that she would try to fight my battles for me. It is great to have a friend with whom you can freely be yourself.
Personal Diary 23.2.115
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment