Anabella has felt it too. By blood she is Sebiestor, she even looks like one, but since she was raised by Gallente couple and she doesn't have a clan she is second class citizen too. Her reaction has been different to mine. She desperately wants that feeling of belonging somewhere. She wants clan. I want people to accept me who I am now. In a way it feels insulting to me that if I would join clan it suddenly would make everything I so far have done somehow more meaningful. I work and fight for the Republic as much as any other Gradient does. Ironic is that from the two of us I might have to face sooner the decision do I really want to join a clan or not.
The topic came up the other day at the Rose's Lounge. Anabella commented that she felt like and outsider and I could relate to it. Ava asked ”Do we....do we make you feel like an outsider?” Not sure did she refer to Gradients or Minmatars in general. I didn't want to start a rant then, but yes you do make me feel like an outsider occasionally.
Republic is my home nowadays and Gradient in a way is my family here about. I feel like I belong to here, except when I am reminded that I am not a Minmatar so I am a second class member and citizen. It happens less often than it used to happen. Gradient has changed too. It better accepts foreigners or maybe it just can't be too picky anymore with the border war already on going. Republic needs all of its warriors.
I remember the time I joined Gradient: on every corp op I had to show up in my own hauler since all the Gradient offices had only Minmatar ships. Already that time from the active pilots that participated ops a great chunk was non-Minmatars. Some point I gave up and just learned Minmatar haulers since I wasn't going to get my own freighter just for doing occasional jobs for the corp. It took years before the situation changed. Nowadays Gradient has also some Iterons on mining offices. Every time a new director or CEO needed to be selected the discussion has included arguments for requirement that the person should be Minmatar and preferably with a good clan background. Even if I haven't been after the positions it is just a clear reminder that since I am not Minmatar I am a second class citizen here. Same goes for any elections in Republic. Even if I would acquire Republic citizenship it would do nothing to me. If you don't have clan you can't impact any Republic matters. Some people are even openly racists. Thank god not in Gradient. Dating Simeon was catastrophic. His clan hated me so much, just because I was foreigner. Truth just is that foreigner needs to be double as good as a Mimatar to be something here.
Personal Diary 23.2.115
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment