He has lot of tattoos. Of course voluval mark, but also others representing important things, phases in his life. It's same time very interesting but so alien to me. In his back he has big tattoo about his clan lands of Paiho. Of course it had lot of subtle meanings in it, but what felt most significant for me was that with the tattoo he carries part of home with him.
For me it is alien that one specific place - land - can be so significant to someone. That tattoo tells lot about him. He has grown there, worked there in his childhood, all his memories of childhood are from there. That makes him pretty different form me. We moved a lot from station to another, I never worked a day in my youth, I moved from kindergarten and schools to another. I wouldn't call any of those places home or even place where my parents currently live. My home is where “my people” are and I guess currently Gradients, maybe EM is my people. So my home is here.
He asked me “not Orien?” That question actually made me think about it. No, Roc's people are not my people yet and I actually wonder can they ever be. I visit Orien and I start to know them a bit, but how can I ever learn to know them well enough... them to become my people... if I live in space .. and my place is definitely in space, I am pilot after all. I wonder how marriages between different clans work for Minmatar pilots. Will the new clan they move really become their people in their mind. I wonder where my home is in the future.
Personal Diary 23.2.115
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment