Sunday, May 9, 2010

I don't want to consider our relationship as a cold deal that needs to be sold to the clan...

Sometimes I just hate different shifts. During past week we have been on so different time-schedules that I and Ulf haven't had time to meet properly, just few half an hours in middle everything. On one of those moments where we didn't really had time to talk about anything properly he asked me what he should tell to his aunties about us...

“I'm ... I'm going to have a talk to the Aunties while I'm away. To tell them about us. See what I can do...But it does somewhat depend on you... What do you want? What should I tell them about us?"

He surprised me totally, I didn't had time to think or we really didn't had time talk about it. We had time just few words.

“umh.. That is difficult question... truth I guess... what kind of things they will want to know?”

“I don't know. I've never done this before.... I ... I guess they'll want to know things about whether I think it's going to last for a long time, what happens if there's children, whether you have a clan... That sort of thing”

“umh well I think it has chances to last long... I don't think children happen unless it involves heavy medical aid and pre-planning.. I am on my second clone... I am half Sebiestor but I don't know my clan so I don't belong to any clan...”

“I think I'm doing this all wrong, sorry...”

And then he had to rush away… When thinking this afterward I can see very well the questions, Ulf wasn't very direct, but maybe he also was afraid to say it aloud or maybe he wanted to save my feelings... it's too soon, we have known each others so little time, we can't know the answers yet....

I guess the essential questions are
a) Will this last long = Is there a possibility for a marriage?
b) What happens if there is children = Will there be children and will will they possibly be a part of some clan or can Atamahara get a claim to them?
c) Whether I have clan = Is there a possibility for alliance with powerful clan or are there some other benefits I could bring for the clan Atamahara?

It sounds so cold and calculating. Like I would be a cold object to be sold to them, give a PR speech for my good qualities and present the possibilities as attractive way as possible and let them to start imagine further possibilities without promising too much this phase...

… and he asks me to give him the sales speech... ok now I am not being fair, he cares about us and wants to give our relationship possibility to continue. But I just hate how cold and calculating ways Minmatar clans seems to think relationships. Can I help him decide what to tell... yes I can close my feelings and objectively write a nice and pretty sales speech... the question is not even do I want to... since I really don't …. but the question is should I... but what ever I decide I need to decide soon. Either I'll leave it to Ulf all together to think what to say and trust his aunties want him to be happy, but diplomacy and negotiations are not really his thing he I so honest and straight... so if I want to impact what he says I should write him soon... but I don't want to consider our relationship as a cold deal that needs to be sold to the clan.

No comments:

Post a Comment