I finally decided I write some of my thougths to Ulf, but I also left half of them out. Either they are red between the lines or not, but this is the most direct I am going to give any sales peeches to him to repeat.
Dear Ulf,
Not much happened since you left to planet side. But I have been thinking the question you asked just before you left to there. What you should tell to your aunties about us... we really didn't have time to talk so I guess it would be fair if I try to tell you a bit how I think.
“I guess they'll want to know things about whether I think it's going to last for a long time, what happens if there's children, whether you have a clan... That sort of thing”
Maybe it would help your aunties if they would understand bit about my background. I am mixture of Sebiestor and Intaki. I am raised as Gallentean by Intaki stepparents. This essentially impacts to how I see relationships. I guess from your aunties point of view they want to know will you think that does our relationship last and is there option for marriage and what it would mean for the clan. Of course I can't comment that do you think that this will last, but about rest... it boils down to the fact that will we love each other and do we feel like sharing rest of ours life forever, rest is details that can be negotiated so that all the parties are happy. Do we want to share our lives forever, that is bit early to answer. Even I am raised as Gallentean I am now living in Republic and working for Electus Matari and I am planning to stick in Republic and work to develop it and not to disappear back to Federation.
“ What happens if there's children” If we ever decide to have common child it will need to be intentional decision since I am pilot and in a clone. In general my cultural background kicks in here so I consider child to be as much child of mother and as child of father. I don't have clan so no other clan has claim to it and your clan is your relatives and family, of course it would need to have some place in the child's life. Rest is again details that can be negotiated in a way that everyone related are happy.
You took me by surprise with this question so and my first answers was pretty short ;-) I hope this opens up a bit more what I think about.
I will write you more once something more than just boring meetings happens in my life. I miss you already.
Love, Nelle
I am still not sure did I do the rigth thing or should I have just shut up, but now the letter is on its way.
Personal Diary 23.2.115
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment